Lower Day Use Area (available to reserve - 50 people)
Upper Day Use Area (available to reserve - 50 people)
Picnics at the Group Campsite
White Barn Picknicking
Picnics at Sugarloaf
Picnic with friends and family amid stunning scenery — just 20 minutes from Santa Rosa or Sonoma, you’ll feel worlds away!
You will find picnic sites with tables, barbecues and access to day-use parking across the road from the main day use parking area. The upper picnic area is fully accessible and also includes an accessible vault restroom. Many sites are located along Sonoma Creek and all include barbecues.
- Upper day-use picnic area: Reservation Fee – $50 and does not include vehicle parking fees. The upper day use site includes 10 picnic tables, and several small and one large bar-b-ques. The upper day use picnic area is across from the main day use parking lot and has a mix of shade and sun. Some of its tables are accessible. The Reservation is valid from 8 am to 10 pm.
- Lower day-use Picnic area: Reservation Fee – $50 and does not include vehicle parking fees. The upper day use picnic area down steps and adjacent to Sonoma Creek and has It is not accessible. The lower day use picnic area has several small and large barbeques. The Reservation is valid from 8 am to 10 pm.
- Group Campground: You may rent the group camp for $165. The group camp rental includes 20 vehicles. At the group camp, you will find a large BBQ, 12 picnic tables, and a fire pit. Events with up to 115 people can be held at the group camp. Additional fees and permits will apply for events with catering, music and other outside services. Contact park office for details. Group Camp Reservations are valid from 2 pm on the day of arrival until 12 noon on the following day.
Reserve Online with Reserve California
Call 1-800-444-PARK (7275)
Additional picnic areas:
- White Barn: Two tables in a shade structure by the White Barn in upper parking lot.
- Camp Butler on Hillside trail: Water fountain and great views of the park and sunsets. One table and a bench. 0.4 miles from White Barn.
- Stern Road / Bald Mountain Road intersection: Up Stern.4 miles from Main Parking Area. Fantastic sunset spot.
- Meadow Trail by the Sonoma Creek Bridge: Shaded area next to creek. About .8 mile from the Barn parking area – Great for kids who want to get wet. Flat easy walk.
- Neptune Picnic Table: 1/4 mile past Neptune on the planet walk, you will find a lovely shaded picnic table which overlooks the former estate of Robin Williams. Great turnaround spot.